I’m not out of the woods yet with this reading slump, but I think I’m starting to claw my way out. I’m starting more books. I’m starting more ambitious books. That’s a good sign. Maybe all the writing in November will finally give me the kick in the pants I need to really dig into reading again. My only regret this month is not buckling down and reading at least one non fiction book on creative writing/revising a novel.
Books I finished reading in September:
- A Psalm for the Wild-Built – Becky Chambers
Books I’m currently reading:
- Heaven Official’s Blessing: Volume 3 – Mo Xiang Tong Xiu
- Evasive Winds – A. R. Shellnut
- Lore Olympus: Volume Three – Rachel Smythe
- The Fellowship of the Ring – J. R. R. Tolkien
What did you read in October? Are there any books on writing craft you would recommend checking out? I might try to read it while doing NaNoWriMo or hold off until December and use it as inspiration to keep going.